Tea cookies were literally made for tea: it's in the name! Enjoy this recipe for Ginger Lemon Tea Cookies to go with your favorite cup.
Makes about 15 cookiesCookie
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, soft
- ¾ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons ginger, grated or minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher saltTopping
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, finely choppedIn the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add grated ginger and lemon zest; mix until incorporated. Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract, mixing until combined. In a bowl, sift together flour and salt; add to mixer. Mix on medium to low until dough just comes together Roll into balls slightly larger than a golf ball. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Press gently with your hand to flatten to about ¼-inch thick. Top with diced candied ginger (gently press to keep ginger from falling off). Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies have just turned lightly golden.
Enjoy Drinking Tea? Try the Best Tea Accessory for enjoying mess-free tea while on the go, with t-sleeve. Order your t-sleeve today at: www.tsleeve.com/purchase-t-sleeve.html
Post a Comment