Chai flavors never tasted so good! Enjoy this delicious recipe for Chai Bundt Cake.
Enjoy Drinking Tea? Try the Best Tea Accessory for enjoying mess-free tea while on the go, with t-sleeve. Order your t-sleeve today at: www.tsleeve.com/purchase-t-sleeve.html
CHAI BUNDT CAKE
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (plus additional for dusting pan)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened, plus additional for greasing pan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup candied ginger (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter (chilled and diced)
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoons chai tea (brewed and cooled)
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- For the Cake: preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease bundt cake pan with butter and dust with flour, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla bean paste and eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture alternating with sour cream to the stand mixer, beginning and ending with the flour. Pour half of the mixture into the bundt pan. Sprinkle streusel evenly over the batter. Top with the remaining cake batter.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from the oven to a baking rack and allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan. Turn out of the pan and allow to cool completely. Top with the chai glaze.
- For the Streusel: in a medium bowl, add the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, black pepper and candied ginger and mix to combine. Add the butter and mix with hands to form pea-sized crumbles. Set aside.
- For the Glaze: in a medium bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla bean paste and whisk to combine. Add chai tea and whisk to combine. Add powdered sugar until thickened and a thick glaze. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Tip: enjoy with a cup of hot black tea!
Post a Comment