Love bubble tea but hate spending the money on buying from cafes or restaurants? Good news! Believe it or not, bubble is tea is way easier to make at home than you might have expected!! Read here about recipe to make traditional black bubble tea here:
Enjoy Drinking Tea? Try the Best Tea Accessory for enjoying mess-free tea while on the go, with t-sleeve. Order your t-sleeve today at: www.tsleeve.com/purchase-t-sleeve.html
- For the Boba:
- 1/2 cup black tapioca pearls
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- For the Tea:
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 4 bags of black tea
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup almond milk or whole milk
- To make the boba: follow the directions on the back of the bag of boba. Mine were quick-cook boba and the directions were spot on. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and heat until the sugar dissolves. Drain the tapioca pearls and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking and then transfer to (my favorite) the brown sugar syrup. I find that boba tastes the best just after it’s made so please use your own discretion as to when you should start the process.
- Bring the water to a light boil. Turn the heat off and add the black tea bags. Stir in the sugar. Allow to steep for 5 to 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- To assemble the milk tea: add a few spoonfuls of boba to the bottom of each glass. Top with ice cubes, about 1 cup of tea and about 1/4 cup of almond milk or whole milk (you can eyeball these measurements). Stir and serve.Yield: 4 servings
SRC: Read the full article about this recipe here: www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/bubble-tea/