Green Tea Matcha Eton Mess With Raspberries and Blueberries is a simple and sweet concoction that has become a summertime favorite. Create this Green Tea Matcha Eton Mess without concerning yourself with the difficulty of making meringues, they are broken up in this dish so it won't matter if they're not perfect. Enjoy this sweet summer green tea matcha recipe below.
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 8 tbsp superfine (caster) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g blueberries
- 300g raspberries
- 350 mL heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 tsp confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 100°C. Cover a baking sheet with parchment.
- Mint leaves, to garnish
2. Beat the egg whites until foamy, then add 6 tbsp of the superfine sugar, a spoonful at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the vanilla and the remaining sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy.
3. Spoon six equal blobs on the baking sheet and bake for three hours. Turn off the oven and let it cool for about an hour without opening the door.
4. Rinse the fruit and dry with kitchen paper. Reserve a few berries for decorating and gently press the rest with a fork to release some of the juice.
5. Whip the cream with the matcha powder and the confectioner’s sugar until thick but still soft. Break the meringues into bite-sized pieces, place them in a large mixing bowl, add the matcha whipped cream and fold in the berries with their juice to give a marbled effect.
6. Spoon the mixture into sundae glasses, top with the remaining berries and garnish with mint leaves. Serve as soon as possible.Enjoy Drinking Tea? Try the Best Tea Accessory for enjoying mess-free tea while on the go, with t-sleeve®. Order your t-sleeve® today at: www.tsleeve.com/purchase-t-sleeve.html
SRC: Learn this history related to Green Tea Matcha Eton Mess at: www.wsj.com/articles/a-recipe-for-eton-mess-with-matcha-green-tea-raspberries-and-blueberries-1438284760