Primm's Iced Tea is a summer time favorite. This Iced Tea Cocktail is a refreshing treat to enjoy after dinner while watching the sunset. Primm's No. 1 is a gin-based drink that pairs with fresh fruit perfectly. Primm's No. 1 was created by the owner of an oyster bar in London who started mass production of the popular beverage in 1851 to keep up with local bar sales. Enjoy this Primm's Iced Tea recipe provided for you below.
IngredientsSRC: View Primm's Iced Tea Nutritional Information and more at: www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1364643/pimms-iced-tea
- 4 tea bags
- 20g pack mint
- 100g caster sugar
- juice 2 large oranges, plus slices to serve
- juice 2 lemons, plus slices to serve
- 400ml Pimm's No 1
- a few sliced strawberries and plenty of ice, to serve
- Put the tea bags and half the mint into a large jug, then pour over 1.2 litres boiling water from the kettle. Leave to infuse for 10 mins, then remove the bags and stir in the sugar. Once cool, remove the mint, add the orange juice, lemon juice and Pimm’s, and chill thoroughly. Can be made up to a day ahead.
- Serve over plenty of ice, with slices of orange, lemon and strawberry, and remaining mint sprigs.