- 250 g (8.8oz) Crystallised stem ginger
- 100 g (3.5oz) Raisins
- 2 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1 Orange - zest only
- 80 g (2.8oz) Light muscovado sugar
- 200 ml (7fl oz) Strong Assam tea
- 1 Medium egg, beaten
- 200 g (7.1oz) Self-raising flour
- 100 g (3.5oz) 70% dark chocolate, chopped into generous chunks
- Place the ginger, raisins, cardamom, orange zest and sugar into a mixing bowl and pour over the hot tea. Cover and leave to soak overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas 3. Add the beaten egg to the fruit mixture, followed by the flour, and mix well. Add the chocolate and mix again. Pour the mixture into a 1kg loaf tin lined with baking parchment, and bake for 11/2 hours.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then carefully remove. Wrap the cake in fresh parchment paper and a teatowel for 24 hours before eating.
- Serve with soft butter and a real hot chocolate.
SRC: Learn more about Paul A Young's Chocolate Tea Bread at: www.lovefood.com/guide/recipes/10662/chocolate-ginger-and-cardamom-tea-bread
Enjoy Drinking Tea? Try the Best Tea Accessory for enjoying mess-free tea while on the go, with t-sleeve®. Order your t-sleeve® today at: www.tsleeve.com/purchase-t-sleeve.html
Post a Comment