This Jasmine Chicken Soup with Green Tea Soba is wellness in a bowl. One smell of this dish and you'll be sure you fell into a gourmet kitchen. The vegetables can be switched out for personal preference or to utilize the seasonal vegetables available from your garden or local grocery store. If you don't have loose Jasmine tea, that's okay just remember to use your t-sleeve for a mess-free cup of tea to use in your Jasmine Chicken Soup with Green Tea Soba recipe provided below.
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil, divided
- 3 medium-large carrots, peeled and sliced into 2- by 1/2-in. sticks
- 2 medium red onions, sliced into half-moons
- 1 large fennel bulb, stalks trimmed and bulb cored and sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks (a generous 1/4 cup)
- About 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- About 1 tsp. pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons loose-leaf jasmine tea
- 2 qts. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (2 lbs. total)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 pound green tea soba noodles or spaghettini (about 8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup mixed chopped parsley, chives, and cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large, heavy ovenproof frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, fennel, ginger, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables soften, about 9 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and wipe pan clean.
2. Boil 3 cups water. Remove from heat, add tea leaves, cover, and let steep 5 minutes. Heat chicken broth to a slow simmer in a pot. Strain tea into broth. Season broth with some salt and set aside, covered.
3. Dry chicken with paper towels. Rub with 1 tsp. oil. Season all over with 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper and the coriander.
4. Heat same pan used for vegetables over high heat. Drizzle in remaining 2 tsp. oil, then add chicken, skin side down. Cook until skin turns very dark brown, almost black; then flip over with tongs and transfer pan to oven. Bake chicken until just opaque, in center, about 15 minutes (cut to check). Let stand until cool enough to handle.
5. Cook soba according to package directions. Drain and rinse. Remove chicken skin and slice meat from bones. Put 6 large, wide bowls into turned-off oven to warm. Bring broth to a simmer, covered.
6. Pile noodles into bowls. Top with chicken and vegetables, then ladle in broth. Sprinkle with herbs.
SRC: Learn the Nutritional Information and much more for this Jasmine Chicken Soup with Green Tea Soba recipe at: www.myrecipes.com/recipe/jasmine-chicken-soup-green-tea
Enjoy Drinking Tea? Try the Best Tea Accessory for enjoying mess-free tea while on the go, with t-sleeve®. Order your t-sleeve® today at: www.tsleeve.com/purchase-t-sleeve.html