Oatmeal can be so delicious and it's a very healthy breakfast when its not overloaded with sugar. Finding new ways to flavor your oatmeal is the trick to enjoying that healthy oatmeal breakfast morning after morning. One delicious way to add flavor to your morning meal is with green tea & fruit. This Green Tea Oatmeal is full of fresh flavor without turning it into a sugar-fest. Try it for yourself by following the recipe below.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 cup milk (1% or soy)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup toppings (e.g. banana, dried fruit, chopped nuts, flaked coconut)
- Combine boiling water with the green tea bag in a saucepan and let them steep for 5 minutes together.
in milk, oats, and ground flaxseed meal and turn the heat on to medium,
beginning to stir when the liquid bubbles. Cook for 5-6 minutes and
then turn off the heat. It should be thick and stick to your spoon -
feel free to add additional liquid (water, milk, or additional green
tea) now if you prefer thinner oatmeal.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and then let the oatmeal sit for a minute.
- Split the oatmeal into two bowls and top with your favorite toppings.
SRC: Find many photos and more information about this Green Tea Oatmeal recipe at: uprootfromoregon.com/2014/05/21/green-tea-oatmeal/
Post a Comment