IngredientsSRC: Find many photos and more information about this Green Tea Oatmeal recipe at: uprootfromoregon.com/2014/05/21/green-tea-oatmeal/
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 cup milk (1% or soy)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup toppings (e.g. banana, dried fruit, chopped nuts, flaked coconut)
- Combine boiling water with the green tea bag in a saucepan and let them steep for 5 minutes together.
- Add in milk, oats, and ground flaxseed meal and turn the heat on to medium, beginning to stir when the liquid bubbles. Cook for 5-6 minutes and then turn off the heat. It should be thick and stick to your spoon - feel free to add additional liquid (water, milk, or additional green tea) now if you prefer thinner oatmeal.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and then let the oatmeal sit for a minute.
- Split the oatmeal into two bowls and top with your favorite toppings.