- 3 bags Earl Grey vanilla tea (I used normal Earl Grey tea)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup sugar (I used my vanilla-infused sugar for a bigger hit of vanilla flavour)
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
SRC: Follow Step by Step Photo Instructions for this Earl Grey Tea Loaf at: dailydishrecipes.com/gottagetbaked-earl-grey-tea-loaf/
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of your loaf pan with parchment paper and butter that baby up.
- Place the milk in a small saucepan and empty the contents of the tea bags into the milk (just snip the tops off the tea bags and dump it all in). Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the milk is warm and the tea begins to steep. The milk will turn a rich brown and will smell incredible. Turn off the heat and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the two flours, baking soda, salt, cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, sugar, yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Stir the milk and tea mixture into the wet ingredients.Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and fold it together until just combined (be careful not to over mix, don’t worry about lumps).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake.
- Place on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
Enjoy Drinking Tea? Try the Best Tea Accessory for enjoying mess-free tea while on the go, with t-sleeve®. Order your t-sleeve® today at: www.tsleeve.com/purchase-t-sleeve.html
Post a Comment